I love my punches, but I'm not one to think out of the box, as one might say, when it comes to using them. I created a card in a box, last week, for Pink Paper Bakery, and I had such a great time doing it, I thought I'd use that concept again with SUO Challenges punch theme.
After browsing Google Images for a little while, I came up with the idea to CASE a few animals, and put them together for my card in a box. I got the card in a box instructions from Stamping T's Youtube video. I love that this project folds flat to go inside an envelope! This makes a 4 1/4" x 6" card, which is oversized for the normal A2 cards I make. I will be making a custom sized envelope for this with my Envelope Punch Board. I could have shrunk the project down, but I think it needs the extra height.
Punches for the Lion (Chocolate Chip and So Saffron CS):
- 1 3/4" scallop circle, punched once, then rotate and punch again.
- 1/2" and 1 1/4" circles
- Petite Petals punch (ears)
- Owl Builder punch (eyes)
- 1/8" hole punch (nose)
Punches for the Tiger (Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie, and Black CS):
- 1/2", and 1 3/8" circle punches
- Itty Bitty punch pack circle for inner ear
- 1" circle for stripes
- Pennant Builder punch for nose (corners rounded by hand)
Punches for the Bear (Early Espresso, and Crumb Cake)
- 1/4" hole punch, and 1/2" circle punch for the ears
- 1/2" circle hands (clipped a side off)
- 1 3/8" circle punch
- Large oval punch (trimmed down; would have liked to use the retired small oval)
- Owl Builder for the heart nose and eyes
The "Oh my!" sentiment was created with the Oh Goodie stamp set and my Stamp-a-ma-jig. The exclamation point was hand drawn with my Stampin' Write marker.
It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.