Thursday, December 12, 2013

Vivid Vases - Occasions Mini sneak peek!

Today, I'm so excited to share a sneak peek from the upcoming Occasions Mini catalog, with you and the readers of Pink Paper Bakery!

The new Occasions Mini has some awesome new products! I just received my catalog preview order, and I love the products even better in person! I have been hoping they would come out with more outlined stamp sets, and I got my wish! One of those sets is called Vivid Vases. It was one of the first ones that caught my eye. Here is a card sample I made with it. I was inspired by a card made by Susan Goetter.

Vivid Vases Stampin Up

(This card is oversized due to the image size. See dimensions below)


 

This single image stamp comes with the sentiment under the vases, but I chose to separate the sentiment from the vases (on the card, not the stamp itself).

First, inking up only the vases, I stamped them using Jet Black StazOn ink. Then I used a grid ruler and a waterproof pen (Sakura Pigma Graphic Pen 1mm) to draw a straight line across the card. Next, I cleaned the stamp (really good!) and inked up only the sentiment portion with StazOn. Using my  Stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the sentiment right above the line. Then I used my Aquapainter to color in the image. It was not the best choice, as you can see. Whisper White cardstock does not like to be saturated. I still think it turned out pretty cute!

 

Stampin' Supplies:


  • Stamps: Vivid Vases (available Jan 3, 2014)


  • Paper:



    • Daffodil Delight card stock - 6 1/4" x 9" (scored in half at 4 1/2")


    • Whisper White card stock - 4 1/4" x 6"




  • Ink:



    • StazOn, Jet Black


    • Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Crushed Curry, and Smoky Slate ink pads


    • Waterproof pen (non-SU), Sakura Pigma Graphic Pen 1mm


    • Stamp-a-ma-jig


    • Aquapainter






MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

No comments:

Post a Comment