Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Non-traditional Christmas

There's a new challenge, starting today, at SUO Challenges; non-traditional Christmas is the theme! I went with a non-traditional color combo for my design team sample; Melon Mambo and Crumb Cake. I'm also sharing this card over at Pink Paper Bakery, so the pink is very fitting!

A non-traditional Christmas is a very loose theme. You can use non-traditional colors or images. Come play along!

 

Ornament Keepsakes stampin up 3

To create the background, I used an image from Gorgeous Grunge. I wanted to vary the length of the image, so I used a torn piece of scratch paper as a mask, allowing me to make the lined imaged shorter in some areas. I started by stamping the image repeatedly horizontally, and then I went back over it vertically. I think this pattern resembles burlap, which is a very popular look right now.

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamp Sets: Ornament Keepsakes, Greetings of the Season, and Gorgeous Grunge

  • Paper:

    • Crumb Cake card stock - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

    • Melon Mambo card stock - 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"

    • Whisper White card stock - 3 3/4" x 5"



  • Ink: Crumb Cake and Melon Mambo

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine

    • Holiday Ornament Framelits Dies

    • Linen Thread

    • Stampin' Dimensionals




MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

No comments:

Post a Comment