Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Last minute handmade gift idea

There is always someone, who you decide at the last minute, that you would like to give a little something for the holidays. I recently attended an ornament exchange party, and wanted to bring a little something for the hostess. Also, it just so happens that today kicks off a new challenge, at SUO Challenges, for last minute gifts and cards. I made these wine glass markers for the party hostess, and I also submitted them as my design team entry! Two birds, one stone! By the way, they were a hit at the party!

festive flurry wine tags

I love an impressive gift that takes very little time to make! These were so easy; stamp, emboss, die cut, and snip!

festive flurry wine tags 3

I stamped this snowflake from Festive Flurry, in a variety of inks, onto vellum card stock. I covered the wet ink with Iridescent Ice embossing powder, and heat set it. Then I cut them out with the coordinating Festive Flurry Framelit die and a small circle framelit die (on my Magnetic Platform, for easy positioning!). I snipped one side, from the outside to the inner circle, so it would slip easily onto the stem of the glass.

festive flurry wine tags 2

The glittery embossed snowflakes look pretty nice all on their own, but I wanted a little more sparkle. I die cut the same snowflake out of Silver Glimmer paper, and snipped it the same, to create a little stackable look. I could have attached them to each other, but I loved the way they offset naturally, and that they also have a little motion.

festive flurry wine tags 4

 

 

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamp Set: Festive Flurry

  • Paper: Vellum card stock, and Silver Glimmer Paper

  • Ink: Gumball Green, Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Coastal Cabana

  • Tools & Accessories:

    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine

    • Magnetic Platform

    • Festive Flurry Framelits dies

    • Circles Collection Framelits dies

    • Iridescent Ice embossing powder

    • Heat Tool




MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

7 comments:

  1. Deena, These are totally awesome! What a great gift idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful hostess idea- love all of the festive colors and the silver shimmer paper looks fantastic as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic Deena! What a fab idea and they really are pretty! :)
    Have a wonderful Christmas! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, these are brilliant! You can have these in all 50 colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kelly! I'm so glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Lizy! They are even prettier in person!

    ReplyDelete