Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

So, I'm a day early, but SUO Only Challenges is kicking off a new challenge: January Colors! For January, I'm still thinking cold, snow, shiny things, and the new year. Here is my interpretation of January colors; what's yours? Come play along!

New Year Card stampin up

I cut the numbers out of Silver Glimmer paper with my Big Shot and the Typeset Alphabet dies. Then I used my black Sharpie to color them in. I made sequins by first punching a 1/16" hole and then using a 1/4" hole punch, centering the 1/16" hole. Some of the sequins, I left silver, and some I colored black. I also made some using a Dazzling Diamond embossed piece of Pool Party card stock. I adhered all the sequins with my 2-way glue pen, so the glue wouldn't seep through the hole.

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Paper:

    • Pool Party card stock - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", plus scrap for the sequins

    • Whisper White card stock - 3 3/4" x 4 1/4"

    • Basic Black card stock - 4" x 4 1/4"

    • Silver Glimmer paper



  • Ink: Black Sharpie marker, Versamark ink pad

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine

    • Typeset Alphabet Bigz

    • 1/16" hole punch

    • 1/4" hole punch

    • Dazzling Diamonds embossing powder




MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

No comments:

Post a Comment