Monday, December 9, 2013

Festive Flurry tags

I went to a gingerbread house making party at a friends house, yesterday. I brought the hostess a bottle of wine (with a wine tag that I will share with you tomorrow) and a  variety of Festive Flurry tags. She makes handmade gifts, and I thought she might like to attach some ornamental tags to them. Well, she loved them and told me that she is keeping them because they are too pretty to give out! It always makes me laugh when people can't send out a handmade card or tag because they love it, but it feels good at the same time! I think she adored the tags as much as I did her fabulous party!

Here are photos of the tags. They vary in size, and I apologize, but I didn't write down the exact measurements of each one. Normally, I love to share sizes, to make things easier for you. I can tell you that I remember the smallest tag is 2" x 4" and the largest 3 3/4" x 5". They are very simple layouts though, so it shouldn't be difficult to duplicate, if you want to.

 

Festive Flurry tags 1

Festive Flurry Tags 2

Festive Flurry tags 3

Festive Flurry tags 4

All of the snowflakes are heat embossed. I used Pool Party embossing powder on some, and Island Indigo ink with Iridescent Ice embossing powder on the others. If you work really fast, you can pour the embossing powder right on top of the Island Indigo ink, and it will stick. I actually used the old style ink pad, and my ink pad is pretty juicy, so it worked like a charm. I dumped the embossing powder on only one second after lifting the stamp (I was ready!!). I think waiting any longer would have not gotten good results.

Stampin' Materials:

  • Stamps: Festive Flurry

  • Paper: Whisper White card stock, Silver Glimmer paper, and Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper, Vellum card stock (used on only one of the snowflakes)

  • Ink: Versamark, and Island Indigo

  • Tools and Accessories: Big Shot, Festive Flurry Framelits, Scallop Trim Border punch, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, 1/2" circle punch, 1/8" circle punch, 1/8" Silver ribbon, Pool Party Embossing Powder, and Iridescent Ice embossing powder


 

MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

No comments:

Post a Comment