Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Let it snow

Let it snow is the new theme at SUO Challenges. I made a clean and simple, one layer, card for my SUO Design team entry. A clean look is definitely my thing, but I don't often do one layer cards. I love layers and embellishments, but I like to show that you don't have to have all that stuff to make a pretty card!


 

Endless Wishes stampin up

I CASEd this layout from a card I saw on Pinterest, made by Patricia Hayes. I love that you can achieve the look of an extra layer with simple masking and sponging! I used extra large Post-it notes and my Grid Paper to mask off a portion of the card. Stampin' Up!'s Grid Paper is such an awesome tool for keeping straight lines! I started by sponging Soft Sky over the entire area, and then sponged on Marina Mist around the edges. I used the new Endless Wishes Photopolymer stamp set and added the images with Marina Mist ink. I added a few pearls to dress it up.

 

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamps: Endless Wishes

  • Paper: Whisper White card stock - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

  • Ink: Soft Sky, and Marina Mist

  • Accessories: Pearl Basic Jewels


MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

3 comments:

  1. Love this CAS snowflake card!! The colors are wonderful and of course, I love the pearl accents :-) Perfect for our theme challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simplicity at its best. Love the CAS design.

    ReplyDelete