Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Chalkboard and a tag

While surfing Pinterest, I saw a cute card with a chalkboard background that caught my eye. The card, made by Kim Bell, was so simple, I just had to CASE it! Kim used a totally different stamp set, with an outlined image snowman stamp. I loved the look, but I only had a solid image snowman (of course). It always works like that, doesn't it? Well, I decided to make my solid image stamp an outlined image stamp, and I love how it turned out!

 

snow day stampin up tag

I used my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker to ink up the very outside of the image. I did the same with the carrot nose. I wanted the images to look hand drawn. For the chalkboard background I sponged Whisper White craft ink onto Basic Black card stock, and then stamped the snowflakes in the same ink.

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamp Set: Snow Day

  • Paper:

    • Whisper White card stock - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and 2" x 4"

    • Soft Sky card stock - 4" x 5 1/4"

    • Basic Black card stock - 3 3/4" x 5"

    • Crumb Cake card stock, scrap



  • Ink:

    • Whisper White craft ink

    • Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker



  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine

    • Finishing Touches Edgelits

    • 1/8" hole punch

    • Baker's Twine

    • Linen Thread

    • Stampin' Sponges

    • Stampin' Dimensionals




MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

2 comments:

  1. You made me like that dirty little snowman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like him in the beginning either! Glad I could make you see his cuteness!

    ReplyDelete