Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mixed media magnet

I used to dabble in painting. Yesterday I was missing my paint brushes, so I dusted off my box of painting supplies and played!

handmade gift stampin up

I love using my Stampin' Up! stamps in my painting projects. This little 2 1/2" x 4" piece of art ended up a refrigerator magnet. I started with a piece of watercolor paper, a little larger than the finished size, and drew a 2 1/2" x 4" rectangle on it. I started with a wash of blue, adding darker tones to the border. Then I stamped this cute image with StazOn ink onto a piece of white tissue paper. I glued it onto the watercolor paper with a gel medium. I colored in the image with markers, splattered some ink on, and then added a little bit of lace tape. Next I trimmed it to size, and adhered it to a piece of heavy chip board with the gel medium. Then added one more coat of gel medium to the top. I rubbed my black StazOn ink pad over the sides and also scuffed up the front with it. My gel medium has a mat finish, and I wanted the finish to be glossy, but not take a long time to dry. I used my Versamark ink pad and clear embossing powder to give me that look! Last, I flipped it over and added a business card size magnet to the back.

I think it turned out pretty cute!  I had so much mixing my love of Stampin' Up! supplies with a few of my older art supplies from my closet.

MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment