Monday, October 14, 2013

Mixed Bunch Christmas

I love snowflakes, I really do! Not the cold kind though! The stamp set Mixed Bunch has this fabulous, delicately detailed, image that reminds me of a snowflake. I used the three colors, and the thumping technique, to help highlight the snowflake against the color block background. Doesn't it look cool?

 

Mixed Bunch Stampin Up Christmas

 

Do you know what else is cool? Create with Connie and Mary's Winter Collection! Today Mary is offering a free tutorial, and blog candy! So, you should definitely hop on over to the Create with Connie and Mary blog, check out the coolness of Mary's gift card tutorials, sign up for some blog candy, and check out the early bird special for Create with Connie and Mary's Winter Collection (where I am a guest designer!!!)!




Okay, back to this fun snowflake! To get this look (please keep in mind that it will be different every time you do it), ink up the stamp in Coastal Cabana, then stamp it off onto a piece of scratch paper. Use Bermuda Bay and Midnight Muse (I thought I was using Island Indigo, until I went to put my markers away) Stampin' Write Markers to add additional color, using the thumping technique. Use the brush side of the marker, and hold the marker nearly side ways. Lightly hit the side (not the tip, you will damage it!) of the marker nib repeatedly all over the stamp. It will require more hits than you think (well at least for me). Work light to dark so you don't discolor your light markers.

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamps: Mixed Bunch and Greetings of the Season

  • Paper:

    • Island Indigo card stock - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2

    • Whisper White card stock - 4" x 5 1/4" and 1 1/2" x 4 1/2"

    • Bermuda Bay card stock - 1 1/4" x 3 3/4"

    • Coastal Cabana card stock - 1 1/4" x 3 3/4"

    • Soft Sky card stock - 1 1/4" x 3 3/4"



  • Ink:

    • Island Indigo, and Coastal Cabana ink pads

    • Bermuda Bay and Midnight Muse Stampin' Write Markers



  • Tools and Accessories

    • Blossom punch

    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels

    • Stampin' Dimensionals




 

MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature


 

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Great stamp to use the thumping technique on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Denise! I was pleasantly surprised with the way it turned out!

    ReplyDelete