Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Masculine card challenge

I'm finally feeling better and getting back into my groove! Being part of SUO Challenges fabulous design team, and making cards for the challenges, has really helped keep me going over the past six weeks. Thank you so much for hanging on, and having patience with me as I heal and get back to posting daily! I'm excited to share that not only do I have a card to share with you today, but I have made several to share, so be sure to come back tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day!!

There is a new challenge starting today over at SUO Challenges! Masculine cards is the theme. Who doesn't need inspiration when it comes time to make masculine cards? Hop on over and check out the design team's samples. We'd love for you to share your masculine card or project with us!

 

Magnificent Maple Stampin Up

I used the Magnificent Maple single stamp on my design team card. I used a very simple layout, but dressed up the maple leaf with some sponging. (That didn't sound very masculine!)

I started with a piece of Naturals White card stock ( 4 1/4" x 11"; folded), and added a piece of Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper to the left side. I cut a another piece of Naturals White (3 1/4" x 5 1/2") and stamped the maple leaf with So Saffron ink. Then I inked up the stamp in Crushed Curry, and sponged on Tangerine Tango (edges and randomly), before stamping it onto a separate small piece of Naturals White card stock. Then I used an image from Gorgeous Grunge, and Chocolate Chip ink, to stamp splatters on the card base and on the multi-colored leaf. I hand cut out the maple leaf, leaving no border, and sponged the edges again with Tangerine Tango, before adhering it to the background with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Last, I added a sentiment from Lots of Thanks, and tied on some Linen Thread, and then adhered it to the card base with more Stampin' Dimensionals (what?!!!  I love them!).

 

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamps: Magnificent Maple (131868 wood only), Gorgeous Grunge (130514 wood/ 130517), and Lots of Thanks (129687 wood/ 129690 clear)

  • Paper:

    • Naturals White card stock (102316) - 4 1/4" x 11,  3 1/4" x 5 1/2" , and a small piece for the maple leaf

    • Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper (132184) - 1 1/2" X 5 1/2"



  • Ink: So Saffron (126957), Crushed Curry (131173), Tangerine Tango (126946), and Chocolate Chip (126979)

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)

    • Sponge Daubers (102892)

    • Linen thread (104199)

    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)




MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature


 

No comments:

Post a Comment