Friday, October 18, 2013

Fall Gift

I was in the baking mood today, which is fabulous because I haven't been in a baking mood in quite a long time. I decided to go with it and found a fabulous recipe for pumpkin spice cookies.  Even though I like to bake, I don't like to eat all the goods. Well I do, but I'm usually not so happy about it later. So, I decided to give some away!

I had to have cute packaging for my delicious cookies! Magnificent Maple is my go to Fall stamp, so I used it to make a card and a matching d├ęcor for my little brown bag.

Fall Gift Idea 1

You must try this cookie recipe! They are amazing! I did add 1/2 tsp more vanilla and 1/2 tbsp. more butter to the icing to give it more flavor. Other than that, I followed the recipe.

Magnificent Maple

 

I used the thumping technique on the leaves. I recently used it on a snowflake card and was very happy with the outcome, so I thought I'd try it again here. I inked the stamp up with Crushed Curry ink. Then I used Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze Stampin' Write Markers to add additional color by thumping the side of the brush tip against the stamp. I cut out the leaf and sponged the edges in Soft Suede.

The Soft Suede splotches are from Gorgeous Grunge. I also added a few sequins, which were silver, until I colored them with Sharpies. I thought the sequins added a little shimmer without being as formal as rhinestones.

 

 

Create with Connie & Mary Winter Collection 2013


WinterBadge

 Saturday is the last day of the early bird special! Don't forget, hop over to Create with Connie and Mary and sign up before the special ends! Today designers Natasha & Debbie are sharing some very cool cards, and offering blog candy. Tomorrow (Saturday) Connie is offering a FREE tutorial and more blog candy. Don't miss out!!

 

Here are the supplies and measurements for today's card:

  • Stamp Sets: Magnificent Maple, Gorgeous Grunge, and Four You

  • Paper:

    • Very Vanilla card stock - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

    • Early Espresso card stock - 2" x 4 1/4"

    • Tangerine Tango card stock



  • Ink:

    • Soft Suede and Crushed Curry ink pads

    • Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze Stampin' Write Markers

    • Sharpies (for coloring the sequins)



  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine

    • Woodgrain embossing folder

    • Labels Collection Framelits

    • Linen Thread

    • silver sequins (non Stampin' Up!)

    • Stampin' Sponges

    • Stampin' Dimensionals




 

MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

3 comments:

  1. Delicious to look at and to eat! I'm enjoying your baking day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to bake - and give lots of what I make away too. I love the card idea with the decorated bag. Yours are really cute. And your cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Terry! They are terribly addictive and not too sweet. If you make these, you better make sure you only keep what you want to eat!

    ReplyDelete