Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Beautiful Poinsettia embellishment

When the Mosaic Collection first came out with the new catalog, I used the punch to create a simple flower on a thank you card. Since then, I have seen some pretty elaborate flowers using the same punch. I saw a flower very similar this Poinsettia, and I loved it (sorry, it's been a while, and I don't know who I CASEd it from)!

Mosaic Punch Stampin Up


The flower is very simple to make, but requires a hot glue gun and a silicone craft sheet. Start by punching out 10 petals, with the Mosaic punch, from Cherry Cobbler card stock. Then use a sponge dauber to sponge approximately half of the petal with Cherry Cobbler ink. Curl the petals around a pen or a stylus. Add a medium size puddle of hot glue onto a silicone craft sheet and place 5 petals around the outside of the glue, leaving about a nickel size center. Then add a little more glue and add your top row of petals, so the petals touch in the center. Be sure to stagger them with the bottom row. It won't take long before you can peel your Poinsettia off the silicone sheet. It's kind of magical! Then add several rhinestones, or what ever else you would like to add, to embellish the center of the flower (and cover up some of that glue!).

mosaic flower stampin up


I added my Poinsettia to a card base of Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, and a 2" strip of Silver Glimmer Paper. I used quite a bit of Liquid Tombo adhesive to adhere it, but I think a little dab of hot glue might work better. I needed to press down on mine firmly for a few minutes for the Tombo to work.

Wouldn't this flower be gorgeous on a tag? It would be a great way to dress up a bottle of wine or sparkling cider for a gift!

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamps: Greetings of the Season (128030 wood/ 128033 clear)

  • Paper:

    • Cherry Cobbler card stock (119685) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", plus extra for the flower

    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 4" x 5 1/4"

    • Silver Glimmer Paper (124005)- 2" x 5 1/4"



  • Ink: Cherry Cobbler (126966)

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Mosaic punch (131267)

    • Glue gun (non-Stampin' Up!)

    • Silicone craft sheet (127853)

    • Sponge Daubers (102892)

    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)




 

MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

2 comments: