Friday, October 11, 2013

A color challenge!

Getting back in to the groove sometimes requires inspiration. Create with Connie and Mary are currently running a color challenge, so I decided to take the challenge!  I would have never put together  this color combo, so it was definitely a challenge for me! I think I did a pretty good job tackling it.

Happy Hour Stampin Up 1

CCMC272

 

This card features the Happy Hour stamp set. I used my Stampin' Write Markers to ink up each of the drinks, stamped them onto Whisper White card stock, and hand cut them out. *Tip: When inking up a stamp with markers, start with the lightest color first. For thin areas, such as the outline of the glass, use the thin side of the marker.

Happy Hour Stampin Up 2

I popped my drinks up with Stampin' Dimensionals, and garnished them with pretties!

 

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamps: Happy Hour (132013 wood/ 126642 clear)

  • Paper:

    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and 2 3/4" x 4"

    • Basic Black card stock (121045) - 3" x 4 1/4"

    • Bermuda Bay card stock (131197) - 2" x 5 1/2"

    • So Saffron card stock (105118) - 1/8" x 5 1/2"

    • Rich Razzleberry card stock (115316) - 1/4" x 5 1/2"



  • Ink:

    • Jet Black StazOn, for the sentiment (101406)

    • Stampin' Write Markers**

      • Subtles Collection (131263)

      • Brights Collection (131259)

      • Basic Black (100082)





  • Tools and Accessories

    • Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, four petal flower (118309)

    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)

    • 1/8" Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon (119261)

    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)




 

Happy Hour set

 

 

MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

11 comments:

  1. You did, indeed! I love the little finishing touches! Thanks for joining us this week in the Color Challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with the color challenge! What a fun congrats card and great use of the colors! Thanks for joining us this week for the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love your card, clean and simple. So glad you joined us for the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is fantastic! I love how you embellished each glass! What a great layout, too! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Deb! I had fun playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you popped up all 3 glasses and congrats on joining our subscription team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, the drinks are perfect! Making me VERY thirsty! lol! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have just waaaay too much fun with this set! I would have never thought of using this set with these colors and all I can say is you NAILED IT!!! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! Great challenge! Just what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do have fun with this set! The funny thing is I don't really drink! These drinks are just too cute. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete