Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sweetest Gift

Hi Friends! I'm on the mend, and I was finally able to make it up to my craft room for a little creating! Today I'm sharing a card I made for the SUO Challenges design team. This challenge is a baby theme. Come join us!

baby card.

I used the Sweetest Gift stamp set and I am Me Designer Series paper to make this baby boy card. First I started with a 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of  Whisper White card stock, and created a cloud background using Soft Sky ink, a sponge dauber, and a punched scrap of paper of the icing from the Cupcake Builder punch. Starting at the top of the Whisper White card stock, I set down the icing scrap paper down and sponged the top side of it. Then I moved the scrap and sponged again. Always only sponging above the top part of the icing (not around the entire piece), and then gradually moving the scrap down, and repeating. I then punched a 2 1/2" circle out with my circle punch and sponged around the edges with Soft Sky.

Because the stork is a sold image, and I wanted the stork to be white (or light), I used my Smoky Slate and Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Markers. I inked up the stork with the markers, then stamped it off on my Grid Paper. Then I reinked only the Pumpin Pie parts, and remoistened the stamp by huffing on it (warm breath), and stamped onto a piece of Whisper White card stock. I then used a blender pen and a very light amount of Basic Gray ink and highlighted parts of the stork. Last I added a Basic Gray dot on the eye, and then hand cut it out.

I realize these instructions maybe confusing for you beginners! I will make a video for this one and put it up within a week.

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamps: Sweetest Gift (130583 wood/ 130586 clear)

  • Paper:

    • Soft Sky card stock (131203) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 4" x 5 1/4", and 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"

    • I am Me Designer Series Paper (130138) - 7/8" x 4 1/2", and 1" x 4 1/4"



  • Ink:

    • Basic Gray (126981) and Soft Sky (131181) ink pads

    • Neutrals Collection Stampin' Write Markers (131261) Basic Gray and Smoky Slate

    • Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Marker (105115)



  • Tools and Accessories:

    • 2 1/2" Circle punch (120906)

    • Cupcake Builder punch (121807)

    • Blender Pen (102845)

    • Sponge Daubers (102892)

    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

    • Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)




 

Sweetest Gift stamp set

 

 

MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

No comments:

Post a Comment