Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Festive Flurry Wreath

Today starts a new challenge over at SUO Challenges. This round features 'your favorite technique'. I love paper piercing! It's amazing how much a simple pierced pattern can add to a card! What is your favorite technique? Hop on over to SUO Challenges and show us!

I'm going to take a quick sidestep to let you know that I'm still not stamping (this is a pre-scheduled post). Just yesterday, I had a little surgery, so now I'm on my way to recovery! Unfortunately my recovery involves a lot of rest for a couple of weeks. You can bet that as soon as I can walk up my stairs, that I will be up in my craft room stamping away! I hope to be sharing samples with you again, daily, very soon!

Back to my challenge card!:

 

Festive-Flurry-Stampin-Up wreath 2

Have I told you that I'm in love with these Festive Flurry snowflakes? They make a perfect ornamental wreath! This card is super simple to make and put together. First I stamped the larger snowflake image in Wild Wasabi, and the smaller snowflake in Pistachio Pudding. I ran both images through the Big Shot with their coordinating Framelit. I then centered my 1 1/16" circle Framelit (from the Circles Collection) over one of the snowflakes and ran it through the Big Shot, and repeated with the second. I stacked the snowflakes, adhering them together with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Festive-Flurry-Stampin-up-wreath 1

For the paper piercing, I used the largest circle from the Essentials Paper Piercing Pack templates. I centered it on my Whisper White card stock and poked away! Before adhering the wreath, I wrapped a piece of 1/8" Silver ribbon to the underside of the wreath, and secured it with a glue dot. Then I glued down the wreath, and wrapped the other end of the ribbon around the backside of the Whisper White card stock. I tied a bow with a separate piece of ribbon and attached it with a glue dot. The sentiment is from a carry over set, Greetings of the Season.

 

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamps: Festive Flurry (131778 wood/ 131781 clear), and Greetings of the Season (128030 wood/ 128033 clear)

  • Paper:

    • Wild Wasabi card stock (108641) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 4" x 5 1/4", plus extra for the snowflakes



  • Ink: Wild Wasabi (126959) and Pistachio Pudding (131177)

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439)

    • **Festive Flurry Framelit dies (132193)

    • Circles Collection Framelit dies (130911)

    • Paper Piercing Tool (126189)

    • Stampin' Pierce Mat (126199)

    • Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack (126187)

    • 1/8" Silver Ribbon (132137)

    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)

    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)




 

**Purchase the Festive Flurry Bundle (stamp set and framelits), and get a discount!

  • Festive Flurry Bundle wood mount – item#133284

  • Festive Flurry Bundle clear mount – item#133285


Festive Flurry stamp set

 

 

 

MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, Marjori! I'm so glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Deena. I do hope you feel better soon and back crafting again. I'm sure your craft room misses you as much as you miss it! Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Angela, and thanks for your get well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and the paper piercing really accents it nicely! Hope you're on the mend!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Robin! I'm definitely feeling better!

    ReplyDelete