Monday, August 19, 2013

Toil and Trouble, and Washi!

Have I mentioned that I LOVE Halloween, and that I'm excited about joining Connie & Mary's design team for the Create with Connie & Mary Fall Collection?!!!  So, anyway, I'm already starting to get my Halloween mojo going, and I usually hold off on that until Sept 1st (on the dot, because I'm OCD like that!).

Toil-and-Trouble-Stampin-Up 2

I'm still playing with Toil & Trouble, because it's pretty awesome. I made a pretty simple card here with the skull and cross bones, and Witches Brew Designer Washi tape. I got a little fancy with the eyes, but don't they look so cool?! It was totally worth it!

Toil-and-Trouble-Stampin-Up 3

I stamped the skull onto a piece 1 3/8" x 1 3/8" Pumpkin Pie card stock. I used my blender pen and Basic Black ink to fill in the image a little more, because it wasn't dark enough for my liking. Next I used a craft knife and carefully cut out the eyes and nose. After sponging the edges, I popped up the Pumpkin piece on top of a piece of 1" x 1" Basic Black card stock, using Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I slipped the rhinestones into the eye sockets. Totally cool! Then I sent a picture to my daughter, because I was a little proud of myself, LOL! The simple things!

Don't forget to visit Create with Connie & Mary! Today Mary is offering a free tutorial and blog candy!



Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamps: Toil and Trouble (131724 wood/ 131727 clear), Teeny Tiny Wishes (128748 wood/ 127802 clear)

  • Paper:

    • Basic Black card stock (121045) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and 1" x 1" (goes behind Pumkin piece)

    • Very Vanilla card stock (101650) - 4" x 5 1/4"

    • Pumpkin Pie card stock (105117) - 1 3/8" x 1 3/8"



  • Ink: Basic Black (126980)

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Witches Brew Designer Series Washi Tape (132156)

    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)

    • Stampin' Sponges (101610)

    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

    • Craft Knife (non-Stampin' Up!)




MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

1 comment: