Monday, August 26, 2013

Swallowtail, ombre style

I'm not totally sure if the ombre look is still in, but I still think the look is cool. I especially like it when it's as easy to create as this card was; no coloring involved!

Swallowtail-Stampin-up 1

First I pulled out four colors of Stampin' Up! card stock that I thought looked like a light to dark graduation of a blue-green hue; Soft Sky, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, and Island Indigo.

Next I cut a Whisper White card stock base of 3 3/4" x 5". Then it was time for the math game! I love math, and measuring; it's a sickness that I am happy to have! I did the subtraction and division and came up with a size of 1 1/8" x 3 1/2" for the panels. I cut them to size, lined them up against each other, and then stamped the Swallowtail in Basic Black ink. I glued each of the panels onto the Whisper White card stock, tied on some Whisper White Baker's Twine, and adhered the entire layer to an Island Indigo card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Swallowtail-Stampin-up 2

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamps: Swallowtail background (131943 wood/ 129216 clear)

  • Paper:

    • Island Indigo card stock (122923) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and 1 1/8" x 3 1/2"

    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 3 3/4" x 5"

    • Soft Sky card stock (131203) - 1 1/8" x 3 1/2"

    • Pool Party card stock (122924) - 1 1/8" x 3 1/2"

    • Coastal Cabana card stock (131297) - 1 1/8 x 3 1/2"



  • Ink: Basic Black (126980)

  • Accessories:

    • Whisper White Baker's Twine (124262)

    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)




Shop Now

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

3 comments:

  1. Love this card. Thank you so much for sharing all the measurements to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the Swallowtail stamp!! I have gotten so much use from it because of the many, many fabulous ideas that I have gotten from blogs like yours. Thank you so very much for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete