Friday, August 2, 2013

Sparkly Festive Flurry

Yesterday I showed you a clean and simple Festive Flurry card, and today I took it up a notch with some layering! I'm still so glad taking it up a notch does not include cutting out these snowflakes! It sure makes things easy when you have matching framelits.

Festive-Flurry stampin-up 3


I'm so glad Stampin' Up! is selling the Silver and Gold Encore pads again. I love adding some metallic color to my holiday cards. I stamped the large snowflake in the background using the Encore pad. Be aware that these ink pads take a very long time to dry. I simply put clear embossing powder on top of my image and heat set it. That takes care of any mess!


Festive-Flurry stampin-up 2


With this card I simply did some layering of the snowflakes and a banner with Stampin' Dimenionals. The two top snowflakes are the same color, Coastal Cabana, but the larger snowflake was stamped off (onto a scratch piece of paper) before stamping onto my Whisper White card stock. The sentiment is from a retired stamp set (Four the Holidays), and is stamped in Bermuda Bay.


Stampin' Supplies:





  • Stamps: **Festive Flurry (131778 wood/ 131781 clear), and Four the Holidays (retired)

  • Paper:

    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (card base), 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" (top layer), and 1/2" x 3 1/2" (banner), plus extra for snowflakes.

    • Bermuda Bay card stock (131197)- 3 3/8" x 4 3/8"

    • Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper (132341) - 2 1/4" x 4"



  • Ink: Silver Encore pad (132142), Coastal Cabana (131175), and Bermuda Bay (131171)

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439)

    • **Festive Flurry framelits (132193)

    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)




**BUNDLE AND SAVE! Purchase the Festive Flurry Bundle, which includes the stamp set and framelits, and save nearly 15%!

  • Festive Flurry wood mount bundle (133284)

  • Festive Flurry clear mount bundle (133285)


festive-flurry stamp set

 

 

Shop Now

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

7 comments:

  1. Deena, what do you prefer, Wood mount or clear?? I have a fondness of the wood style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layout and colors! I am so glad I got this set too! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wood mount! I'm not fond of remounting stamps each time I want to use them, especially sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I just pulled the colors out of the DSP! I love how SU makes it easy for us to make up a color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wood mounted stamps because they don't fall off while I'm stamping or cleaning. I get aggravated trying to clean smaller stamps that keep falling off my block too. Thanks Deena!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Gonna have to CASE it:-) But I want to make sure - you stamped the largest snowflake in silver Encore and then sprinkled on clear embossing powder before heat setting it - no versa mark? Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Elisha! That is exactly how I did it. No Versamark required. Have fun recreating!

    ReplyDelete