Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pleasant Poppies panel card

Sometimes I find that using a large stamp image, can be difficulit. Making a panel card is a great way to show off a scene, or give a large image some interest. I am still in love with the Pleasant Poppies background stamp, and I think it works great for this technique. I love the visual depth of this card!

Pleasant-Poppies-Stampin-Up

I started by stamping the Pleasant Poppies stamp onto a 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" piece of Very Vanilla card stock. I used Jet Black StazOn ink, so I wouldn't have problems with it running when I colored in the image. Next I squeezed the lid of my Calypso Coral ink pad into the pad to create an ink spot on the inside of the lid. I used an Aqua Painter to color in the image. When working with non-watercolor paper, it's very important not to saturate the card stock. I started off coloring in an entire flower with a very light amount of color, and then added color in the areas that I wanted a little darker.

When I finished coloring, I cut my image into three equal panels, 1 1/2" wide, and then mounted them on a piece of Calypso Coral card stock with Stampin' Dimensionals. I wanted a neutral color background, but I also wanted some subtle interest, so I used Natural Composition Specialty card stock for the base. I love the variety of clear embossed images on this card stock! I wasn't so sure about the music note pattern with the poppies, but I love music and flowers, so I guess that means they go together! Duh!

I finished off the card with a sentiment banner from the hostess-only set, Express Yourself. Of course, you can get this exclusive stamp set by placing a qualifying order!

 

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamps: Pleasant Poppies background (132061 wood/ 129499 clear), and Express Yourself hostess-only set (130336 wood/ 130339 clear).

  • Paper:

    • Natural Composition Specialty card stock (126917) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

    • Calypso Coral card stock (122925) - 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"

    • Very Vanilla card stock (101650) - 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" (cut into 1 1/2" panels after stamping), 1/2" x 3" (banner)



  • Ink: Jet Black StazOn (101406), Calypso Coral (126983)

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)





Have you checked out Create with Connie and Mary today? Deb Currier is offering a FREE tutorial and blog candy!!

MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

No comments:

Post a Comment