Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Joyful Christmas Poinsettia

I'm currently pet sitting a cute little cat named Fiona. Lucky for me, Fiona's owner happens to be my upline. While visiting Fiona, I also visit Kim's stamp room! Today I picked up the Joyful Christmas stamp set, since I have been considering adding this to my personal collection. It's so nice to try before you buy!!! (Thanks, Kim!)

Joyful Christmas is from the new Holiday Mini catalog (pg 27). Poinsettias are known for their deep red color, but I love the white and pink variations of the blooms. The white poinsettia here is perfect for my clean and simple stamping style!

Joyful-Christmas-stampin-up 2

I stamped the flower in Old Olive ink, stamping it off one time on my grid paper to lighten the color a bit. I did that a second time on a piece of Whisper White card stock and cut out the inside portion of the flower (carefully!), and then added it to my flower using Stampin' Dimensionals. For added dimension, I used a Blender Pen and Sahara Sand ink to add shadows on the bottoms of some of my petals. The sentiment was first stamped in Versamark ink, and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I finished the card off with pearls for the flower center.

Joyful-Christmas-stampin-up 1

 

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamps: Joyful Christmas (131802 wood/ 131805 clear)

  • Paper:

    • Cherry Cobbler card stock (119685) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

    • Old Olive card stock (100702) - 4" x 5 1/4"

    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 3 3/4" x 5"



  • Ink: Old Olive (126953), and Versamark (102283)

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Gold embossing powder (109129)

    • Heat Tool (129053)

    • Pearl Basic Jewels (119247)




MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

2 comments:

  1. I love the clean and simple cards most of the time, so yours make me want to start stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cynthia! Clean and simple is easy and perfect for any level stamper! I'm glad I can inspire you!

    ReplyDelete