Thursday, August 15, 2013

Grunge-tastic!

I try to be a very neat and tidy person, although sometimes my craftiness gets the best of me. I either destroy my stamp room, or ignore my household duties (dinner? What's that?!). The neat and tidy also comes through in my stamping. I have a very clean and simple style, and although I love the new grunge look, I have difficulty creating it myself. When I received the stamp set Gorgeous Grunge at convention, I was excited! I really enjoyed the make-and-take card we made using Gorgeous Grunge and the Hello, Lovely sets. I love the look of the two stamp sets used together, and fortunately Stampin' Up! had other inspiration cards on display using the two sets.

Last night, I finally put my new convention stamp sets use. The funny thing is, my clean and simple style still shows through!

Gorgeous-Grunge Stampin-up 2

I love how the addition of Hello, Lovely gives the grunge some elegance; totally grunge-tastic! I finished the card off with a faceted button and white linen thread that I ran over my Pistachio Pudding ink pad (another convention idea!). I think it turned out pretty cute! I'm not loving the Pistachio ink on my fingers though! I guess that's where the tidy part of my personality comes back out! LOL!   Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamp Sets: Gorgeous Grunge (130514 wood/ 130517 clear), and Hello, Lovely (130240 wood/ 130243 clear)

  • Paper:

    • Basic Gray card stock (121044) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

    • Whisper White card stock (100730)- 4" x 5 1/4"



  • Ink:

    • Basic Gray (126981), Coastal Cabana (131175), and Pistachio Pudding (131177) ink pads

    • In-Color 2013-2015 Collection Stampin' Write markers (131260), Coastal Cabana

    • Neutrals Collection Stampin' Write markers (131261), Basic Gray



  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Decorative Label punch (120907)

    • Faceted Buttons (127555)

    • Whisper White Baker's Twine (124262)

    • Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)

    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)




 

[caption id="attachment_1131" align="aligncenter" width="287"]Gorgeous-Grunge Stampin-up 1 Convention make-and-take.[/caption]

 

 

MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature


 

No comments:

Post a Comment