Friday, August 16, 2013

Festive Flurry snowflake on vellum

Sparkle and snowflakes, they just go together! Especially a delicate-looking vellum snowflake!

Festive-Furry stampin-up 4

Once again, I pulled the colors from my Designer Series Paper, Winter Frost. I love Island Indigo and Pool Party together!

For this card, I made a simple tag with Whisper White card stock, and then dressed it up. The snowflake was made by stamping my Festive Flurry image onto Vellum card stock with Versamark ink. I added Pool Party embossing powder and heat set it. Then I used the ♪awesome♪ coordinating framelits and cut that baby out quickly with my Big Shot. I added it to my tag with a glue dot in the center of the snowflake.

The 'Merry' is made with the new Expressions Thinlit dies. I'm not going to lie, my die did not like the glimmer paper. I used two pieces of waxed paper between the Glimmer paper and the Thinlit, which worked great for the release of the card stock from the Thinlit, but it didn't cut through the backside of the glimmer paper, which is sort of plastic like. So, out came my scissors and, with great patience, I carefully trimmed away the parts that were stuck. I will be trying different methods of cutting the Glimmer paper with the Thinlits, because let's face it, it looks fabulous! I will hopefully be updating you soon with a success story!

Stampin' Materials

  • Stamp Set: **Festive Flurry (131778 wood/ 131781 clear)

  • Paper:

    • Island Indigo card stock (122923) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 2 1/2" x 4 1/4"

    • White Vellum card stock (101856) - 3 1/2" square for snowflake

    • Silver Glimmer paper (124005)

    • Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper (132341) - 2" x 5"



  • Ink: Versamark (102283)

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)

    • **Festive Flurry Framelit dies (132193)

    • Exressions Thinlits dies (132171)

    • Modern Label punch (119849)

    • Pool Party embossing powder (129398)

    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)

    • Whisper White Baker's Twine (124262)




**Purchase the Festive Flurry Bundle (stamp set and framelits), and get a discount!

  • Festive Flurry Bundle wood mount - item#133284

  • Festive Flurry Bundle clear mount - item#133285


MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

No comments:

Post a Comment