Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Festive Flurry Ornament

When I first saw Festive Flurry, I thought, I already have snowflakes! They kept calling my name, because of the matching framelit dies, and I'm so glad they did! I couldn't make cool ornaments like this with my other snowflake stamp sets.


Festive-Flurry-Stampin-up 4

I used the Silver Encore pad from the Holiday Mini catalog on the larger snowflake. I love the Silver Encore pads, but they take forever to dry. Since I don't have forever, or even 5 minutes, I add clear embossing powder to mine, and heat set it; that only takes one minute ☺, and saves me from yucky, inky fingers.

The top snowflake is Island Indigo, on Whisper White card stock, also cut with the most awesome Festive Flurry Framelits. I stacked the two snowflakes with Stampin' Dimensionals, and added a short piece of Silver 1/8" ribbon between the layers.

Festive-Flurry-Stampin-Up 6

There are three Whisper White card stock layers to this card. The top one is 4" x 5 1/4", and the two bottom layers are 3 3/4" x 5". I ran the top layer through my Big Shot with an Oval from the Ovals Collection framelit dies. I ran another piece of white card stock through with an oval one size smaller, and then adhered the two layers together. I set the matted layer on top of the last layer, and adhered my snowflake where I wanted it. Next, I lifted the mat off and glued the ribbon in place. Then I added Stampin' Dimensionals to the backside of the mat and positioned it back over the snowflake layer. Last I added a Silver 1/8" Ribbon bow with a glue dot, and topped the snowflake with a rhinestone.

Festive-Flurry-Stampin-Up 5

Ok, time to take an intermission to talk about Create with Connie and Mary's Fall Collection!! Don't miss out on the early bird special, only $19.95 for lots of exclusive tutorials by fabulous designers! Today Melissa and Elizabeth have cards to share, and blog candy!!! So check it out!


Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamp Set:

    • **Festive Flurry (131778 wood/ 131781 clear)



  • Paper:

    • Island Indigo card stock (122923) – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″

    • Whisper White card stock (100730) – 2 pieces 3 3/4" x 5", 1 piece 4" x 5 1/4"

    • Extra Whisper White card stock for snowflakes



  • Ink: Silver Metallic Encore (132142), Island Indigo (126986)

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)

    • **Festive Flurry Framelit dies (132193)

    • Ovals Collection Framelit dies (129381)

    • Silver 1/8" Ribbon (132137)

    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)

    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

    • Glue Dots (103683)




**Purchase the Festive Flurry Bundle (stamp set and framelits), and get a discount!

  • Festive Flurry Bundle wood mount – item#133284

  • Festive Flurry Bundle clear mount – item#133285


MyHomeGrownArt Banner_wp-001

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

1 comment:

  1. Such a delicate looking Christmas ornament!! It could be real!

    ReplyDelete