Thursday, August 29, 2013

Everything Eleanor Christmas

Woot woot! It's bakery share day! Today I cooked up something blue for the Pink Paper Bakery!


It's been a while since I've pulled Everything Eleanor off the shelf. This was one of my favorite stamp sets for a long time, and I still really like it! I love to use non Christmas stamp sets to create Christmas cards. It's a great way to challenge myself; and challenge = motivation. Not that I need much motivation to hang out in my stamp room!


Everything-Eleanor-Stampin-up 4

This card is pretty simple, except for the wreath. I wanted to have the inside of my wreath match the background. I stamped the background stamp onto a separate piece of Whisper White card stock with Soft Sky ink. Then I inked up the circle image with my Island Indigo Stampin' Write Marker (not inking up the lined center). I stamped it on top of the background image. Now the circle is larger than the background, so I filled in the white by sponging in Soft Sky, very lightly, until it blended. Then I used a circle Framelit to cut out the wreath. I wanted some depth to the wreath, so I used my blender pen with a light amount Smoky Slate ink and added a very light shadow to the inside.

If that was perfectly confusing, watch my video tutorial to clear things up!
http://youtu.be/ViYv9Dd1Hws
 

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor (131987 wood / (124164), and Teeny Tiny Wishes (128748 wood/ 127802 clear)

  • Paper:

    • Island Indigo card stock (122923) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 4" x 5 1/4"

    • Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper (132341) - 3/4" x 3 3/4"



  • Ink: Soft Sky (131181), Island Indigo (126986), and Smoky Slate (131179)

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439)

    • Circles Collection Framelits (130911)

    • Blender Pen (102845)

    • Silver 1/8" ribbon (132137)

    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)

    • Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)

    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)




Shop Now

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

1 comment:

  1. Deena! I LOVE this card, it's stunning! and I love that you took a non-holiday set and made a Christmas card with it. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete