Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Yippee Skippee, it's Happy Hour!

Yippee Skippee was one of those sentiment stamps I had to have! I had no idea what I would use the silly sentiments for, but somehow I knew they would fit in to my collection. This goofy card all started with a sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary.

yippee-skippee happy-hour stampin-up

CCMC261

I started by using my circle framelits (2 3/8" circle), on the top layer, and then paper piercing the edge to give it some interest. At that point I had no idea what I wanted to do, except fill the circle with an image. I grabbed the piece of card stock and started looking at my sets, seeing what would fit best inside the circle. When I came to the "never underestimate the power of two" sentiment, from Yippee Skippee, I knew immediately that I would be embellishing this card with drinks from Happy Hour! I thought it was funny, and Facetimed my sister (also a demo), and she had the idea that I should first have the two drinks and then finish the card (LOL!). Since the power of two drinks for me is about the equivalent of four (or more!) to someone else, I decided to not go in that direction!

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamp Sets: Happy Hour (132013 wood/ 126642 clear), and Yippee Skippee (131341 wood/ 131344)

  • Paper

    • Coastal Cabana card stock (131297) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 3" x 5 1/2" and 2 3/4" x 3 1/2" (underneath layer)

    • Strawberry Slush card stock (131295)  - 3/4" x 5 1/2"

    • Silver Glimmer paper - (124005) 1/4" x 5 1/2"



  • Ink: Strawberry Slush (131178), Coastal Cabana (131175), and Basic Black (126980)

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)

    • Circles Collection Framelits (130911: approx. 2 3/8" size)

    • Paper Piercing Tool (126189)

    • Stampin' Pierce Mat (126199)

    • Essentials paper piercing pack (126187)

    • Scallop Edge Border punch (119882)

    • Dazzling Diamonds glitter (102023)

    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)




 

Shop Now

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

19 comments:

  1. Cute pairing of sentiment & image! Love the colors and the pierced circle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the humor of pairing the image with the sentiment, lol!! Too funny! I like how you made the circle a window.. great idea!! It's great to have the circle framelits to do that with now, isn't it! Thanks for making such a fun card for the sketch challenge #261 at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that the two drinks made me laugh, too! I LOVE it!! This card would be perfect for a few people I know, too! Great card! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word this is ADORABLE!!! LOVE the sentiment paired with the drinks! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha!!! I really wondered what that sentiment really meant...anniversary, twins, or whatever...but I LOVE your take on it! Great job, Deena! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the tiny little slivers of color and the paper piercing! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Margaret! Yes, love those circle framelits! I enjoyed playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Deb! I was hoping others would find humor in it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, Mary! I enjoyed the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Connie! I was wondering the same thing when I first got the set. I'm glad I finally know! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Debbie! I always enjoy playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card!! I love the window you created, works so well with this card. So glad you joined us for the Thursday Challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea...combining those two sets. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw this card on Pinterest and laughed out loud! I showed it to my husband and he cracked up as well! Too cute! Glad I found your blog - I'll be back:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome to my blog, Elisha! Haha! I'm so glad you found the same humor in it that I did! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete