Monday, July 8, 2013

Use Washi with punches!

Welcome to the new blog! I'm still making some small changes, and I'm technically challenged, so please help me out and holler if you see anything broken (thanks friends!).

I hope you enjoyed the holiday weekend! I know I did! I had a few days away from my stamping desk, and I apparently I didn't put away my Washi tape, because when I came back, it was still sitting there, so of course I had to play with it!
Washi-technique

I covered a 2" x 2" square, like I did last week, but I also did something very cool, I washied a butterfly punch. If you haven't worked with Washi before, it's nice and thin so it's very easy to punch. I measured the width of my butterfly punch (because first, I like to measure, and second, I didn't want to waste any Washi!). Then I layed down enough strips of Washi, the width of the butterfly, side by side onto Whisper White card stock. Then I punched out the butterfly. So easy!

I did have a bit of a hard time adhering the rhinestones to the butterfly, because they don't like to stick. Make sure if you add rhinestones to Washi, that you press down rather hard, to get them to stay.

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamps: Fabulous Phrases

  • Paper:

    • Melon card stock (5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and 5/8" strip)

    • Whisper White card stock (4" x 5 1/4", and 2" x 2")

    • Daffodil Delight scraps.



  • Ink: Basic Black

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Gingham Garden Washi tape

    • Elegant Butterfly punch

    • Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack

    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels

    • Stampin' Dimensionals




Shop Now
It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature


2 comments:

  1. Your cards are so CLEAN and ATTRACTIVE...you really have the knack!
    I am new to your blog. Love,love,love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pat, you are sweet! I'm glad you found me!

    ReplyDelete