Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Silhouettes

I'm in love with lines. Lined paper, grid paper, rulers...I love them all! It's totally a weird geeky thing, but I guess that is why I love this style of layout so much. I have used the same layout to make a wedding card, and a thinking of you card using Pleasant Poppies. It's so easy and versatile!



I wanted one of the flowers to have a shorter stem, so I used the short stem image. Then I inked up  the flower head with my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker, and lined it up with the stem, using my Stamp-a-ma-jig. Make sure your stamp is super clean (except the inked up part of course!) when stamping only a partial image. I didn't, therefore I got to make my card twice!

I added some black rhinestones to my Summer Silhouettes flowers, and I'm not really diggin' them, but I don't hate them either. I was kind of hoping they would have a little more sparkle in them, but the layout is great, right?!

On my other two cards I drew a 1/2" border, but on the one I went with 3/8". Using a grid ruler (or graph ruler) makes this job easy peasy! I used Stampin' Up!'s Basic Black Stampin' Write marker to draw my lines. I love the there is a tiny tip, perfect for this type of work; and I don't experience any ink bleeds with it either!

Stampin' Materials:

  • Stamps: Summer Silhouettes (132082 wood/ 126447 clear), and Express Yourself (130336 wood/ 130339 clear; hostess only set, available with a qualifying order)

  • Paper:

    • Strawberry Slush card stock (131295) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

    • Whisper White card stock  (100730) - 3 3/4 x 5", and 4" x 5 1/4"



  • Ink:

    • Basic Black (126980)

    • Strawberry Slush (131178)

    • Basic Black Stampin' Write marker (100082)

    • Black Sharpie (to color the rhinestones)



  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Grid ruler - local craft store or office supply

    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)

    • Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)






Shop Now

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature




2 comments:

  1. I love the border effect on these cards. what kind of grid do you use so the borders are even?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Click on the link under tools and accessories, on the materials list. It shows the ruler that I used. I bought mine at a craft store in the fine arts, drawing section.

    ReplyDelete