Monday, July 22, 2013

Oh, snap! I'm still in Utah!

I had an absolute blast at Stampin' Up!'s convention! Day 2 and 3 were so much fun. I met demonstrators whom I have chatted with online. I saw an incredible amount of samples, and didn't even get the chance to see them all (darn it!), had fabulous classes, a fun dance party (that I didn't want to end!), and heard lots of great stories about all the things that Stampin' Up! does to make a difference in the world (absolutely heartwarming!). I will be adding new pictures to My Home Grown Art Facebook page, so like my page and get updates!

During convention, Stampin' Up! broke a world record! Of course us demonstrators helped. The record was the most cards mailed at one time from one location, by individuals. Here is the card I made and sent.
punch-art-camera 1

I love this Designer Series Paper, I Am Me, but this pattern had me a little stumped! I decided to make a punch art camera to match it. The cameras on the paper are very simplistic, so it wasn't hard to figure out which shapes to use. Here is a breakdown of what I used to 'build' my camera.

camera-punch-art

I trimmed the excess from the Chalk Talk framelit, and I was left with a rectangle with rounded edges. You could just as easily cut a rectangle and round the edges, and hand cut a little button.

punch-art-camera 2

I added the 'oh snap!' with a retired alphabet set and my Stamp-a-ma-jig. It seems I rarely make a card without rhinestones, so I had to add some of those too!

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamps: Empire Alphabet Lower (retired)

  • Paper:

    • Real Red card stock - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

    • Pool Party card stock - 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"

    • I Am Me, Designer Series Paper - 2 1/2" x 4 1/2"

    • Basic Gray and Whisper White card stock scraps



  • Ink: Basic Black

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine

    • Chalk Talk Framelits

    • Circles Collection Framelits

    • 1 3/8" Circle punch

    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels

    • Stampin' Dimensionals




 

I am still in Salt Lake City, on a Stampin' Up! convention high! I'm blessed to have family in the area, so I took a few extra days to visit them! Yesterday we went for a hike to Fifth Water Hot Springs in Diamond Fork Canyon; it's absolutely beautiful there!

Utah 2013

 

 

Shop Now

 

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deena
    Thanks so much for sharing this awesome camera idea & such a fun card (& all your great creations). I cased your card & thought you might like to see what I did: http://www.dianebarnes.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/smile-its-your-birthday.html
    Inky wishes, Di

    ReplyDelete