Thursday, July 11, 2013

Multi-colored Dahlia

Happy Friday eve! Today I'm sharing a color experiment with you and with our Pink Paper Bakery friends!

I saw a beautiful picture of a pink and yellow dahlia, so I thought I'd try a little multi-color watercoloring with my Regarding Dahlias stamp set. Watercoloring is so simple with the Aquapainter! With Whisper White card stock you need to be careful to not saturate it, as it really wasn't meant for watercoloring. Watercolor paper works SO much better (but I like that this paper is smooth), and you can really take your time and add some great depth with watercolor paper. The dahlia that I saw was very soft in color, so that's what I went for here. Unfortunately it turned out a little to yellow for my liking. If I would have used watercolor paper, I would have been able to add more color...next time!

Regarding-Dahlias Stampin-up 6

I started by stamping the dahlia with StazOn ink. I lightly washed the entire flower with So Saffron ink and my Aqua Painter. I went back and added Blushing Bride to the petals, blending it into the Saffron. I added a sentiment, and then embossed the bottom portion of the card stock with the Perfect Polka dots embossing folder.

To get a perfect little knot, I used two separate pieces of ribbon; one to wrap around the card, and a small piece to tie a knot.

Regarding-Dahlias Stampin-up 7

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamp Sets: Regarding Dahlias, Four You

  • Paper:

    • Blushing Bride card stock - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

    • Basic Black card stock - 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"

    • Whisper White card stock - 3 3/4" x 5"



  • Ink: Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Jet Black StazOn

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Big Shot Die-Cutting machine

    • Perfect Polka Dots embosssing folder

    • 1/8" Black Taffeta ribbon

    • Aqua Painter




Shop Now

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

No comments:

Post a Comment