Monday, July 29, 2013

Make a tag card

Jen Austin, my down-line and fellow baker from Pink Paper Bakery, just played along with Freshly Made Sketches. She used the Tag It stamp set, and her card turned out cute (of course), so I thought I'd give the sketch a try too!


I love cards that contain tags, especially when I'm having difficulty designing. Much like a scrapbook page, it's easier if you break it down into smaller pieces first. Make a tag, and you have your focal point; then just put it on the card with a little Designer Series Paper, and you are good to go!


 Regarding-Dahlias stampin-up



For this tag, I stamped the dahlia in Tangerine Tango, and then outlined it with a Blender Pen and Smokey Slate ink, to give it some dimension.

I love making tags with the Labels Collection Framelits and my Big Shot die-cutting machine. Sometimes I just want a softer looking tag, and not a squared of tag, and so this method is my go-to method for that! Place the top cutting plate only over the section you want to cut.



 

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamp Set: Regarding Dahlias (130324 wood/ 130327 clear)

  • Paper:

    • Tangerine Tango card stock (111349) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 4" x 5 1/4", and 2 3/8" x 4 3/4" (for tag)

    • Basic Gray card stock (121044) - 3/4" x 4" (then punched with Scallop Edge punch)

    • Quatrefancy Specialty Designer Series Paper (130141) - 2 1/2" x 4"



  • Ink: Tangerine Tango (126946), Basic Gray (126981), Smokey Slate (131179)

  • Tools & Accessories

    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)

    • Labels Collection Framelits (125598)

    • Scallop Edge Border punch (119882)

    • Blender Pen (102845)

    • Organza Ribbon (114439)

    • Sycamore Street ribbon (retired)

    • 1/4" hole punch (non-Stampin Up)

    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)




Shop Now

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

8 comments:

  1. Deena, this is so fantastic! Love the colors and your tag is wonderful! Glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love this stamp! And I so appreciate your showing the technique on how you made the tag with your die. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning CAS design! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Deena, you really made this stamp shine! You make it all sound so simple, but your talent at knowing just the right colors, shapes, stamps and embellishments is amazing. I LOVE how you created the tag with the framelit and how you did the ribbon, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jen! I can never pass up a clean and simple sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Amy! I had fun playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Cindy! I thoroughly enjoyed lunch with you and your friends at convention. It went by way too fast! Thanks for inviting us to check out the challenge blog (Jen beat me to it, LOL!).

    ReplyDelete