Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Flower Shop and Washi!

Have I mentioned that I love Washi? Oh my, is it awesome! I'm still playing with the Gingham Garden Washi, this time creating a little background square for my Flower Shop flower and birthday banner.

I cut a 2" x 2" piece of Whisper White card stock, and put strips of Washi horizontally, matching up the pattern as I added each new strip. Don't worry about cutting an exact piece of Washi to fit the card stock; just fold the excess behind the card stock.

Like Washi?! Don't forget about the What to Washi online class, and the What to Washi bundle!

Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamps: Flower Shop (130939 wood/ 130942 clear), and Express Yourself (130336 wood/ 130339 clear - hostess only set, available with a qualifying order)

  • Paper:

    • Melon Mambo card stock (115320) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 4" x 5 1/4", and 2" x 2" (to cover with Washi)



  • Ink: Melon Mambo (126948), Basic Black (126980)

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Gingham Garden Washi tape (131269)

    • Pansy Punch (130697)

    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)

    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)













Flower Shop stamp set (click to enlarge)

I am also in love with the Express Yourself sentiment stamp set. If you haven't noticed, I use the sentiments on my cards nearly every day! I prefer wood mount stamps, but I dislike that they flip around in the case, and when I open it I can't find what I want. I have solved that problem for this set!

I made an insert using the chip board piece that comes in the Designer Series Paper packs. To get the perfect size, cut a piece 4 3/4" x 9" (7", plus 2" for the divider). I lined all my stamps up and measured how much of my case they would take up, so I would know where to start scoring. In this case it was 4 3/4". Score three times, adding an inch each time. I scored the chip board at 4 3/4", 5 3/4", and 6 3/4", and then folded it. To keep my divider upright, and sturdy, I adhered it to another piece of the chip board (4 3/4" x 7"). No more bouncing around for these stamps!



Shop Now

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature




1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card, I love this sentiment set too, thanks for the idea of the insert.

    ReplyDelete