Monday, July 15, 2013

Everything Eleanor challenge card

There is a special two week challenge at Create with Connie and Mary, with options! Option A is a color challenge, Option B is a layout with an irregular card shape, and C is to do them both! I had to do it all, because it IS a challenge!

I decided to go with an oval card, because irregular shapes just go against my nature, LOL! This large scalloped oval is a framelit from the Ovals Collection. I love that it still fits in an A2 size envelope! Since it was already a little frilly looking, I thought Everything Eleanor would be perfect.


Everything-Eleanor Stampin-Up 3



CCMC260B
 
CCMC260A

I cut the oval out of Calypso Coral, and stamped the swirly image with Versamark, added white embossing powder and heat set it. The element that the flower sits on is stamped in Crisp Cantaloupe. I did stamp it off once, to lighten the ink, before stamping it onto my Whisper White card stock. I hand cut it out, as well as the Calypso Coral flower and Pistachio Pudding flower (which is posing as leaves here!).


I added a piece of Whisper White organza ribbon, folded over and trimmed, as well as a pearl. Everything is popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals, because they make everything look awesome!


Everything-Eleanor Stampin-Up 4

Watch my video to see how to make an irregular shaped card, without a flat folded top!

http://youtu.be/N-3aea55_vQ
Stampin' Supplies:

  • Stamp Sets: Everything Eleanor, and Fabulous Phrases

  • Paper:

    • Calypso Coral card stock - 1/2 sheet

    • Whisper White card stock



  • Ink: Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Versamark

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine

    • Ovals Collection Framelits

    • Whisper White embossing powder

    • Whisper White organza ribbon

    • Pearl Basic Jewels

    • Stampin' Dimensionals




 

Shop Now

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

11 comments:

  1. Deena, your card is a beautiful combination of both challenges! I love how you used the Everything Eleanor set on this plus the additions of the pearl and ribbon! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for this combination challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I love all the attention to detail. I think my favorite part is the heat embossed design in the background, takes your card to the next level!
    So glad you joined us for the color and shape challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this!!! Great use of the colors and a beautiful shaped card! I really like how you layered the flowers making the one look like leaves! So clever!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous shaped-card! LOVE that "pop" of white on the Calypso - stiking! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new SU Demonstrator and learning a lot about Card making. Thank you so much for the Video demonstation. It was helpful and if I make an odd shape card i will give you the credit . It's a clever way to get it done the right way.
    Thank you for sharing, Carola...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad it was helpful! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, Carola!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Melissa! I'm so glad I joined you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Nicole! I enjoyed creating it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWZA...this is so fabulous! I love the white swirly on there...just pops! And get use of the Everything Eleanor set! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...love the softer colors on top of the darker Calypso Coral background, and that white swirl POPS! Great explanation in your video, too! Thanks for playing along with the combination challenge this time on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete