Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Create a {delicious} cupcake

I had fun with yesterday's layout, so I thought I'd give it another try using Create-a-Cupcake stamp set and coordinating Cupcake Builder punch. (yes, I brought the Washi back!)

create-a-cupcake stampin up 1

Cupcakes = yum! It's hard to get sick of cupcakes, but sometimes the frosting is a little too much. I decided to trim mine down by using a 1" circle punch, instead of the frosting that came with the stamp set. The top of the cupcake was looking a little dry for my taste, so I inked it up with Versamark, added clear embossing powder, and heat set it. Now that's a delicious looking cupcake!

I added a few extra cherries to the card. I'm not quite sure why, for whimsy I guess! Who doesn't like cherries? Okay, well my son doesn't, but that work's for me because he kindly hands his over. These cherries are punched from Melon Mambo card stock using the Cupcake Builder punch, and then the stems are colored with a Chocolate Chip marker.

Create-a-cupcake stampin-up 2


Stampin' Supplies:





  • Stamps: Create a Cupcake

  • Paper:

    • Daffodil Delight card stock - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"

    • Whisper White card stock - 4" x 5 1/4", and 2" x 2" (covered in Washi)

    • Chocolate Chip card stock - 1" circle

    • Melon Mambo card stock - 1/2" strip



  • Ink: Pool Party, Chocolate Chip, Versamark, and Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker

  • Tools and Accessories:

    • Gingham Garden Washi tape

    • Clear embossing powder

    • Cupcake Builder punch

    • 1" circle punch

    • Heat Tool

    • Stampin' Dimensionals




Shop Now

It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature


 

No comments:

Post a Comment