I created a chalkboard background (even though you can't find them in schools anymore!), a stack of books, and an owl! You can't get more school themed than that! I added the banner and made my own sentiment, using the Designer Typeset Photopolymer stamp set (see my photopolymer stamps review). I love that I can customize my own message! I stamped the images onto Basic Black card stock with Whisper White craft ink, and then sponged on a little extra ink to look like chalk eraser marks.
The books were made by using I Am Me Designer Series Paper. I cut strips and then used a circle punch to round the edges (3/4" for thin books, 1" for thick). Insert the paper into the punch as shown (ignore that this is an old oval punch ☺). Then I sponged around the edges with Soft Suede ink.
Now, my 16 year old boy probably won't dig this card; in fact he would probably look at me dumbfounded if I gave it to him. It might be worth the photo op, but I think I'll send it to my nephews instead. Thank goodness I still have some little ones in my life!
- Stamp Set: Designer Type Photopolymer (119105)
- Soft Sky card stock (131203) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
- Real Red card stock (102482) - 4" x 5 1/4"
- Basic Black card stock (121045) - 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
- I Am Me Designer Series Paper (130138) - Red piece: 5/8" x 3 1/4"; Saffron: 1/2" x 3"; Gray: 3/8" x 3" (sizes will vary after punching)
- Smokey Slate (131202), Basic Gray (121044), and Whisper White (100730) card stock scrap - for owl
- Ink: Whisper White Craft ink (101731)
- Tools and Accessories:
- Owl Builder Punch (118074)
- Clear Block F (118483 - for use with the photopolymer stamps)
- Stamping Sponges (101610)
- Stampin' Dimenionals (104430 - used under the books and the owl)
It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.