Thursday, July 25, 2013

Back from Salt Lake City!

Today is my card share day over at Pink Paper Bakery. Check out my card, and then scroll down for a Stampin' Up! product reveal!

I made this card using the emboss resist technique, without having to emboss! Embossing gives such a professional look to cards; I just love it! Naturals Composition Specialty Designer Series Paper is awesome because the embossing is already done for you with several clear embossed designs. I have an addiction to paper with lines (like notebook paper), so I chose the pattern with lines and flowers to work with. Well actually, there wasn't much work to do because the paper already has an embossed design, so I just had to help it stand out and add some finishing touches.

emboss-resist stampin-up 2


I sponged Whisper White Craft ink over the top of the paper to make the design pop. Then I stamped a couple of butterflies from Papillon Potpourri and added those to my card. To keep with the notebook look, I added a 'spine' of Basic Black card stock, embossed with the Needlepoint Border embossing folder.


I finished the card off with a sentiment from Express Yourself (hostess set), on a Whisper White banner, and an Antique brad. Last I popped up the entire top layer of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Stampin' Supplies:





  • Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, and Express Yourself (hostess set)


  • Paper:



    • Whisper White card stock - 4 1/4" x 11" (scored at 5 1/2"), and 5/8" x 3"


    • Naturals Composition Specialty Designer Series Paper - 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"


    • Basic Black card stock - 1/2" x 4 3/4"




  • Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White Craft


  • Tools & Accessories:



    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine


    • Needlepoint Border embossing folder


    • Bitty Butterfly punch


    • Antique Brad


    • Stampin' Dimensionals




 


I had a fabulous trip to Salt Lake City! The fabulous did not include my computer dying on me, so I apologize for not keeping you as updated as I had planned. My awesome husband came to my rescue and hooked me up with a new (to me) laptop when I got home last night!

I have added new photos to My Home Grown Art Facebook page, so go check them out!

At convention, Stampin' Up! revealed some new products to be released, and I'm excited to share with you! There will be new Thinlit dies that create moveable cards! They are so awesome and have great potential; I can't wait to get my hands on them. Also, Stampin' Up! is releasing an envelope making tool. With this new tool, you will be able to make 66 sizes of envelopes, so you can create any size card you want, and whip up an envelope to go with it! If you are like me, you have lots of Designer Series Paper. What better way to use it than to create a beautiful envelope, and in only minutes, without much thought!

envelope-punch-board

 

Shop Now

It’s my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

Smiles,


deenasignature

No comments:

Post a Comment