Friday, June 21, 2013

Sweet Somethings

I have a couple sweet somethings to share with you today! One of them is a Create with Connie and Mary challenge card, and the other is a song that my DH wrote for me (you will not want to miss this one!!!).

Here is the sketch challenge; so fun and simple!

CCMC257

Here is my take on the sketch. I was in a Neapolitan mood, so I used Strawberry Slush, Very Vanilla, and Baked Brown Sugar for my color combo. Now I want to go get some ice cream!!


I used Apothecary Accents framelits for both die cut pieces. They screamed bakery to me, so I decided to add a cupcake. I should have shared this one on Pink Paper Bakery!
Here you can see the layers that I popped up on Dimensionals. I fussy cut the ribbon and the heart, but luckily, there is a coordinating punch for the cupcake!

Stampin' Supplies:
  • Stamps: Create a Cupcake (128520 wood/ 121982 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Strawberry Slush card stock (131295) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
    • Very Vanilla card stock (101650) - 4" x 5 1/4"
    • Baked Brown Sugar card stock (131296)
  • Ink: Baked Brown Sugar (131174) and Strawberry Slush (131178)
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Apothecary Accents framelits (127003)
    • Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (117335)
    • Cupcake Builder punch (121807)
    • Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon (120999)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

Okay, moving on to the next sweet something! I was working upstairs in my office, when I received an email from my husband, who was downstairs. Rewind a tad... there is a song that plays on the radio constantly, called Thrift Shop. You may or may not have heard it, but it's one of those songs you just can't get out of your head! If you do know the song, you will appreciate this a whole lot more. My husband throws a few lyrics from the song at me, nearly every day. I think he wants to get it stuck in my head so I can suffer (or enjoy) with him. Okay, back to the email. He rewrote the song with a paper crafting for a subject. I died laughing!!! At first I was just thinking how awesome it was, and then I was thinking how awesome he is! He is a true listener; I talk about Stampin' Up! products all the time, and he used several product names in the song! I love this man!!

Now, for the lyrics....


Hey, Honey! Can we go to convention?
 What, what, what, what...
 Bada, badada, badada, bada...

I'm gonna pop some tags
I got 20 girls in my downline
They're all excited, headed for convention
This is frickin' awesome

Walk into the swap like, "What up? I got a big box!"
I'm so pumped about this big pack of card stocks

Office is a mess again, video's I be publishin'
Cases are everywhere, my husband doesn't even care

Rollin' in, hella deep, we headin' to the mezzanine,
Dressed in all pink, 'cept for glitter all over me

Headed to my favorite town, girls lined up next to me
Crystal Effects stuck all over me... (Piiisssssss)

Choppin' it, embossin' it, 'bout to go and get some compliments
Wait.. where's my punch, damn - maybe put stars on it

Crazzzzies i be signin' up, Classes I be handlin'
No more boring, scoring, but wait... we don't laminate

Catalogs be showin' up, so don't start freaking out
Call all your stampin' friends they will surely help you out

I'm gonna pop some tags
I got 20 girls in my downline
They're all excited, headed for convention
This is frickin' awesome
 
 
 
It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.




8 comments:

  1. OMG! I aboslutely LOVE your husband's song. You should totally turn that in to Stampin' UP! have your husband video you singing it and enter it in the conventioin contest. I would love it if my husband did something like that for me. He affectionately calls my stuff "stampin' up sh*t". I think you have a keeper there! Tell your husband thanks for making my day after it started out really cruddy with a little car trouble. I was actually singing the lyrics at my desk here at work. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is THE BEST blog post on the subject of stamping that I have ever read! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband's song is awesome! You should send it in to Stampin' Up...It may be the next theme song! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cupcake card is so adorable in all those enticing colors...you made my mouth water!! Love how you incorporated it into the sketch this week! Then I read the song!! Your husband is really special to know so much about SU.. I agree, he is a keeper! TFS the song! and Thanks for joining us this week for the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cupcake card! And what a great way to describe these colors - Neapolitan! I love it!! Very yummy! And the song lyrics is just too funny!! We, too, listen to that song a lot! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little cupcake card...and love the color combo! It is Neopolitan! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love taking sets that have been around for awhile and then pairing with some new colors (and new stuff) and making them fresh. DARLING card! I have never heard that song but your husband's lyrics are GREAT! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is deliciously YUMMY! I agree with everyone - the video due date is July 2nd - PLENTY of time!! Thanks for joining us in the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete