Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Scenic Wetlands

I'm enjoying the new Wetlands stamp set! I love to color, and sponging a background gives me the same peaceful feeling as coloring.


The scene in this card was so easy to create! The important thing to remember with sponging is to start with a very light amount of ink, and slowly darken it to your liking.

I started with a piece of Very Vanilla card stock, and stamped the images in Early Espresso. Next I punched out an 1 3/8" circle from the tack side of a Post-it note, placed it over the sentiment, and sponged on some So Saffron ink (then remove circle for the magic!). Next I sponged on Soft Suede, along the bottom, then a little higher with Old Olive (very lightly). I filled up the remaining space with Soft Sky.

For the goose, I used my blender pen and went over the head and neck with more Espresso, leaving white space to keep the sketched look. Then I continued to use the blender pen to lightly color follow next to the lines on the body. I switched to Suede, and followed the lines again. Last I used a white paint marker to add some highlights in the body, and the remaining Vanilla space in the body.


Stampin' Supplies:
  • Stamps: Wetlands (126695 wood/ 126697 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Soft Sky card stock (131203) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
    • Early Espresso card stock (119686) - 3 1/2" x 5 1/2"
    • Very Vanilla card stock (101650) - 3 1/4" x 5 1/2"
  • Ink:
    • Early Espresso (126974)
    • Soft Suede (126978)
    • Soft Sky (131181)
    • So Saffron (126957)
    • Old Olive (126953)
    • White paint marker (non-SU)
  • Tools:
    • 1 3/8" circle punch (119860)
    • Stamping Sponges (101610)
    • Blender Pen (102845)
Wetlands (click to enlarge)


It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

No comments:

Post a Comment