Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Patriotic theme challenge

Can you believe we are already nearing the halfway point of 2013?! It's crazy that Independence Day is just around the corner!

SUO Challenges has a patriotic theme starting today! This is my inspiration card that I submitted. I have no patriotic stamps, so I had to get creative and go with a red, white, and blue color scheme. I love the way it turned out! I hope you will join us at SUO Challenges with your patriotic themed card!


For the background, I used the Stripes embossing folder, and inked it up with a brayer and Real Red ink. I did end up having to use a sheet of copy paper, folded in half, as a shim so it would make nice clean red lines. Tip: If your ink isn't wanting to stick to the folder, ink it up first with a Versamark ink pad.

I chose patriotic words from Fabulous Phrases, stamped them on scraps, and cut them by hand. The 'forever thanks' is heat embossed with Whisper White embossing powder. I added silver Glimmer Paper stars, that I punched out using the Merry Mini punch pack.

Stampin' Supplies:
  • Stamps: Fabulous Phrases (128577 wood/ 120501 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Midnight Muse card stock (126843) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 2 1/4" x 5 1/4"
    • Real Red card stock (102482)
    • Silver Glimmer Paper (124005)
  • Ink: Real Red (126949), Midnight Muse (126860), Basic Black (126980), Versamark (102283)
  • Tools and Accessories"
    • Big Shot Die-cutting machine (113439)
    • Stripes embossing folder (123128)
    • Merry Mini punch pack (126882)
    • Whisper White embossing powder (109132
    • Midnight Muse stitched satin ribbon (126847)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
 
 
 

It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

2 comments:

  1. I love this card, Deena! Sometimes having to create a card without having a stamp for a particular theme results in an inspired card like this one. Great job!
    Sue Erickson
    www.soggystamper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stripes from the Stripe EF and the words from Fabulous Phrases are the perfect touch- wonderful Patriotic card!!

    ReplyDelete