Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Memorable Moments catalog CASE

Several people have asked, "how is that card made on page 134?" [of Stampin' Up!'s new 2013/ 2014 catalog]. I had a couple of pretty good guesses by looking at it, but I discovered how it was done by trying it out myself. I love a challenge!! Plus, my nieces 13th birthday is coming up, so now I get to send her this pretty card!


Here are some basic instructions. If you would prefer to watch the video, scroll down to view the tutorial.

Start off by stamping the frame image from Memorable Moments onto a piece of 3" x 5 1/2" card stock. You want to start at one side, and then using the Stamp-a-ma-jig, stamp it again, overlapping the first image. Continue until you have stamped the width of the 5 1/2" piece (4 times).

Next use the second to smallest Labels Collection framelit, and a marker, to draw a line to the outside of the stamped image (above and below it). Then use the marker to doodle in the circles and ovals, and to draw in the strips and plaid patterns. Last, fussy cut (hand cut) out the image, tie bakers twine around it, and adhere to the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.




The colors I used were Pistachio Pudding card stock, Pear Pizzazz ink (my Pistachio is on order!), and Crisp Cantaloupe. I did stamp off the Crisp Cantaloupe before stamping the '13th' image, because it was a little to dark for my liking.

Watch the video tutorial!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Stampin' Supplies:
  • Stamps: Memorable Moments (132039 wood/ 126682 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Pistachio Pudding card stock (131924): 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and 3" x 5 1/2"
    • Crumb Cake card stock (120953) scraps
    • Crisp Cantaloupe card stock (131298) scraps
  • Ink:
    • Pear Pizzazz ink pad (131180) and Stampin' Write marker  (131266 - I would have used Pistachio if I had it!)
    • Crisp Cantaloupe (131176 - stamped off)
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
    • Labels Collection Framelits (125598)
    • Elegant Butterfly punch (127526)
    • Bitty Butterfly punch (129406)
    • Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack (118309)
    • Whisper White Baker's Twine (124262)
    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
Memorable Moments Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Memorable Moments (click to enlarge)



It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

4 comments:

  1. Great video! Thank you for demystifying this card project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara! I'm glad I could help!

      Delete
  2. This is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Barbara's post above. It's a beautiful card but our SU Demonstrator group had no idea how it was made!! Thanks so much :-)

    ReplyDelete