My Home Grown Art has moved. I look forward to reading your comments over at the new place! www.myhomegrownart.com


Friday, June 7, 2013

Cycle Celebration

Cycle Celebration was one of the first sets I fell in love with when I opened the new Stampin Up catalog. That bicycle, oh so cute!

One thing I remember having on my bicycle, when I was a kid, were those bead thingies that made noises when you pedaled. They were so cool! I have no idea how my parents didn't go nuts with hearing them (well, maybe they did). I haven't seen those things since then; maybe they were outlawed ;)


I looked and looked for something to add to these wheels, and then I stumbled across my
Gingham Garden Washi tape! Those flowers were not a whole lot of fun to cut out, but they sure were worth it. I also used the Washi tape to add banners. Since they are translucent, and I wanted the flowers to really show, I put the floral Washi on a piece of Whisper White card stock, and they cut it out and attached it.

I created the ground 'shading' by masking off the top portion of the card with an over sized Post-it note, and sponging along the edge with Basic Gray ink.

I'm loving these Candy Dots! I couldn't help but add one to my flower center, since they are so easy peasy, and take seconds! Oh, and they look cute, too!

Stampin' Supplies:
  • Stamps: Cycle Celebration (130270 wood/ 130273 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Strawberry Slush card stock (131295) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Ink: Basic Gray (121044)
  • Tools & Accessories:
    • Gingham Garden Washi tape (129314)
    • Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack (118309)
    • Candy Dots, Subtles Collection (130933)
    • Stamping Sponges (101610)
Cycle Celebration (click to enlarge)



It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

2 comments:

  1. WOW GIRL!! You have patience! Fabulous idea to add the flowers to the spokes! Just like I remember, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! Patience is easy when it's fun!

      Delete