Monday, May 27, 2013

Pleasant Poppies


Happy Monday! I hope you are enjoying this holiday weekend. I am thankful to be spending time with family; and proud that two of them served in our country's military! I'm so grateful for this day of remembrance of all the people who died for our freedom.

Okay, back to the happy part! I made this very simple card using a portion of the Pleasant Poppies background stamp. I carefully inked up only the poppies I wanted on my card, with StazOn ink, and stamped them onto my Whisper White card stock using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, for perfect placement! Next I colored in the image using an Aqua Painter and my ink pads. I created an ink spot in the lid by squeezing the ink pad into the lid, before opening the pad. Don't use the Aqua Painter directly on your ink pad! Pick up the color from your ink pad lid and color as desired. When working on Whisper White card stock, make sure the tip of your Aqua Painter isn't too wet, and work quickly and in small sections for the best results.


After coloring in the image, I used a grid ruler and a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to draw a 1/2" border around the card. Grid rulers are awesome, and perfect for this technique.
Image


 
Last, I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to add the sentiment. For you perfectionists out there, the Stamp-a-ma-jig and grid ruler are my best friends! If you don't own these, you should; or just stop worrying about it, because after all, it is hand made! (I'm trying to unload this trait myself, and I'm feeling pretty good about it!)


Stampin' Supplies:
  • Stamps: Pleasant Poppies (132061 wood/ 129499 clear), and Express Yourself (new hostess set, available May 31 with a qualifying order - item# 130336 wood/ 130339 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Tangerine Tango card stock (111349) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
    • Basic Black card stock (121045) - 3 5/8" x 4 7/8"
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
  • Ink:
    • Jet Black StazOn ink (101406)
    • Tangerine Tango (126946)
    • Lucky Limeade (126984 - retiring color)
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Aqua Painter (103954)
    • Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
    • Grid Ruler (not a Stampin' Up! product)





It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

No comments:

Post a Comment