Thursday, May 30, 2013

One Last Summer Afternoon

Summer Afternoon, is soon to be a hostess stamps set of the past. I love this bicycle! I'm so glad we have new bicycles to look forward to in the new 2013/ 2014 catalog, which goes live tomorrow!!


 
I wanted the butterflies to be the focal point and the bicycle to not stand out in the image. I started out by stamping Sahara Sand ink onto Sahara Sand card stock, but the bicycle was lost. So I tried it in Basic Black and loved it with the colorful butterflies! To tie the colorful butterflies into the bicycle, I highlighted the basket of flowers with paper piecing. I stamped the image again, in StazOn ink onto Whisper White card stock, colored it in with Stampin' Write Markers, and hand cut around all those little flowers. Where there was white left showing, I covered with a Sahara Sand marker!

I used Soft Sky (a new Subtles family color), with the Square Lattice embossing folder, for the background. This embossing folder 'shrinks' your card stock piece size because of the amount of embossing it does. Because that happens, I like to emboss a larger piece first, and then cut it to the proper size.

An extra layer of Sahara Sand softly mats the image layer. I love the effect of tone on tone matting!

Stampin' Supplies:
  • Stamps: Summer Afternoon, and Sweet Essentials (132085 wood/ 126475 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and 5/8" x 3 7/8"
    • Soft Sky card stock - 3 3/4" x 5 1/2" (First, cut a little longer and then trim to finished size, if you are embossing with the Square Lattice folder)
    • Sahara Sand card stock - 3" x 4 3/4", and 3 1/4" x 5"
    • So Saffron and Island Indigo card stock - scrap for butterfly
  • Ink:
    • Jet Black StazOn, and Island Indigo
    • Daffodil Delight (119677), Lucky Limeade (retiring), and Sahara Sand (131261 - Neutrals Collection) Stampin' Write Markers
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Square Lattice embossing folder (119976)
    • Beautiful Wings Embosslit (118138)
    • Brights Collection Designer Buttons (retiring)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Deena what a beautiful card. I love the way you have both tied the colours together and added a little pop of extra colour with the butterflies. Thanks for sharing. Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Angela! Thank you also for taking the time to leave a comment :)

      Delete
  2. Love this card, Deena! I found myself stamping with a soon to be retired set today, and I've got those "bittersweet new catalog feelings", too. Good thing there is so much to love in the new catalog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your "old" post while searching this image. Love it and will be casing it. Thanks for the hints and tips as well. Makes getting a quick card done so much easier. THANKS for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete