Thursday, May 23, 2013

On a Pinwheel Kick!

I'm so excited to share this whimsical card with you, and with the Pink Paper Bakery readers!

I'm on a pinwheel kick right now, even adding them to my seasonal decor (you should check this out, because I have a little contest going on right now). When I saw a beautiful grassy background card made by Vicky Hayes, I knew I wanted to try it, and add pinwheels for a focal point. Vicky is amazing! She is very good at adding visual depth to her projects. For this specific card, she used a marker to color only the grass portion of an image from Love and Sympathy, and restamped the image several times, and added sponging for an amazing effect! You can see the original here.



I stamped and sponged exactly like Vicky explained (why reinvent the wheel?) first sponging with Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, and Island Indigo. To get the Island Indigo very light, I removed a lot of the ink off my sponge onto my grid paper first. Then ink up the grass portion of the Love and Sympathy stamp, ink Garden Green, and stamp repeatedly.

To my background I added Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, and Marina Mist DSP from the Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper pack. I started with a 1" square, marked the center (using a grid ruler), and clipped half way from each corner to the center dot. Then I folded every other corner to meet the center, and glued it down flat with a 2-way glue pen. You can see a visual on how to make a pinwheel, on a much larger scale on my blog.

Ingredients:

  • Stamps: Love and Sympathy, Sweet Essentials
  • Paper: Whisper White card stock:
    • 1 pc 3 3/4" x 5"
    • 1 pc 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
    • 1pc 4 1/4" x 11" (scored at 5 1/2" for base)
  • Ink:
    • So Saffron
    • Wild Wasabi
    • Garden Green
    • Island Indigo
    • Basic Black
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels
    • Stampin' Sponges
    • Stampin' Dimensionals

It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

1 comment:

  1. What a precious card - love your background and grass and everything. You did a super job. Thanks for all the info and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete