Monday, May 6, 2013

By the Tide, Father's Day

Masculine cards can be somewhat difficult to create, with all the floral chick stamps out there. By the Tide is a great gender neutral stamp set. Really, who doesn't like the beach?!

I found this great layout on this week's Fab Friday Challenge blog, so I thought I'd put the two together.
 
 
This is what I came up with:
 
The color combo here is Inland Indigo, Crumb Cake, and Baja Breeze. Unfortunately, Baja Breeze is  leaving the Stampin' Up! color collection; So I'm enjoying it now! I ran the Crumb Cake layer through the Big Shot with the Woodgrain embossing folder, then sponged it with Soft Suede ink to help the woodgrain stand out. The 2" strip of Baja Breeze DSP is from Tea for Two Designer Series Paper. (Love the grid pattern! It helped me line up my brads too!) I adhered the strip to the woodgrain, and then added my brads before adhering it to the card base; that way the brads won't show through to the inside of the card.

 
The tag was created by cutting a strip of Whisper White card stock, and sticking it partially through my 2 1/2" circle punch (see photo below). I then used the 3/16" corner rounder on the bottom edges.
 
 

Stampin' Materials:
  • Stamps: By the Tide (129117 wood/ 129120 clear) , Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370 wood/ 127802 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Island Indigo card stock (122923) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
    • Crumb Cake card stock (120953) - 4" x 5 1/4", 1/2" x 2"
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 2" x 4"
    • Tea for Two Designer Series Paper (129311) - 2" x 5 1/2"
  • Ink:
    • Soft Suede (126978 - sponging)
    • Early Espresso (126974 - sentiment)
    • Baja Breeze (126960)
    • Island Indigo (126986 - for the fish, stamped off once)
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Woodgrain embossing folder (127821)
    • Island Indigo ruffled ribbon (122974)
    • Linen Thread (104199)
    • 2 1/2" Circle punch (120906)
    • 1/2" Circle punch (119869)
    • 1/8" Circle punch
    • Metallic brads (119741)
    • Stampin' Sponges (101610)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
By the Tide (click to enlarge)




It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

4 comments:

  1. Love the rounded tag using the circle punch! Awesome color combo for Father's Day! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Great idea for the tag! I love the CAS design too! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! I love that stamp set too! Thank you for playing along with Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card!! I tried to resist this stamp set, but have seen too many wonderful cards with it and I had to order it recently!! I'm so glad it's not retiring!! I'm sad about Baja Breeze, but I stocked up!! It's my most favorite color ever!!!!!!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete