Thursday, May 9, 2013

Butterfly for the Bakery

I love Thursdays! I get to share my creations with you here, and also at my other home, Pink Paper Bakery! Today I'm serving up a butterfly card.

I've been a huge fan of butterflies ever since I was a kid. I didn't like to read a whole lot, but I remember checking out books about butterflies, from the school library. When the Swallowtail background stamp first came out, I thought, 'that is way too big to put on a card!'. Oh, boy was I wrong! Guess who now owns this stamp? ☺

One of the first cards I fell in love with, using this stamp, was made by Mary Brown. Mary can pretty much make me love everything! Here is her card that I CASEd.

DSC00586
 
Here is my version. I scaled it down a little to use as a workshop card. The ladies at the workshop loved it, and had a wonderful time! Thanks, Mary, for your inspiration!


Ingredients:
  • Stamps: Swallowtail background (129213 wood/ 129216 clear); Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370 wood/ 127802 clear)
  • Paper:
  • Crumb Cake card stock (120953) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
  • Calypso Coral card stock (122925) - 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
  • Very Vanilla card stock (101650) - 3 3/4" x 5"
  • Tea for Two Designer Series Paper (129311) - 3/4" x 3 1/2"
  • Ink: Crumb Cake (126975), and Early Espresso (126974)
  • Tools and Accessories:
  • Bitty Butterfly Punch (129406)
  • Word Window Punch (119857)
  • Swallowtail stamps (click to enlarge)




    It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.
     
     


       

    No comments:

    Post a Comment