Friday, April 19, 2013

Papaya Collage, Mother's Day Card

I was recently inspired by a card I found on Google Images, that had an image of a sheet of stationery. A beautiful piece of lined stationery, with decorated edges, a gorgeous flower. I thought to myself, I wish I had a stamp like that! It didn't take long to figure out that I could create that very same look with my Papaya Collage stamp set! So excited!!

Papaya Collage stamp set (click to enlarge)
I started with a piece of Whisper White card stock, and stamped the frame image with VersaMark ink. I added clear embossing powder, and heat set it. I used a VersaMarker, along with a ruler and  my grid paper to draw lines, 1/4" apart. I added more clear embossing powder, and heat set the lines. Then, I sponged on Baja Breeze ink, adding more ink to the edges so the frame would stand out.
 
(Note: Baja Breeze is a retiring color, and is only available while supplies last! Don't forget to stock up on card stock and ribbon! See the new color refresh chart for the Stampin' Up!'s new color change.)
 
I added the 'happy mother's day' sentiment, from Teeny Tiny Wishes, with Soft Suede ink, and my Stamp-a-ma-jig.


 
This was my first shot with the stationery look, but I'm pretty sure you will be seeing some variances soon! I adorned my stationary with a couple of other images from Papaya Collage, and a shabby bow. I have seen a lot of these beautiful bows on cards, but I had never attempted one until today. It's such a piece of cake! Instructions: wet and crinkle; let dry! I didn't make mine too big because I didn't want it to be the focal point.
 
The background layer is Crumb Cake, embossed with the Brocade embossing folder, and sponged with Soft Suede.

 
Watch my video tutorial on the making of this card.
 


 
Stampin' Materials:
  • Stamps: Papaya Collage (126610 wood/ 126612 clear), and Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370 wood/ 127802 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Crumb Cake card stock (120953) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and 4" x 5 1/4"
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" (minimum)
  • Ink: Baja Breeze (126960), and Soft Suede (126978), VersaMark (102283), VersaMarker
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Lacy Brocade embossing folder (127819)
    • Clear embossing powder (109130)
    • Heat Tool (129053)
    • Embossing Buddy (103083)
    • Baja Breeze (122331)
    • Grid Paper (102787)
    • Stampin' Sponges (101610)
Papaya Collage (click to enlarge)
 


It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment