Thursday, April 11, 2013

Monochromatic Sunflower

SU Only Challenges is currently having a monochromatic color scheme challenge. I love monochromatic color schemes, because they are simplistic looking, and easy to make with Stampin' Up! products....everything matches!

I had a card layout in mind, that I used before with The Open Sea stamp set. I knew I wanted to use the Sunflower background stamp, and I thought Daffodil Delight was an obvious color choice. So I made a bright and cheery card for the challenge, and for my weekly post at Pink Paper Bakery!


I cut two pieces of card stock, one Whisper White, and one Daffodil Delight, laid them side by side, and stamped the Sunflower background stamp onto both pieces. To take away the contrast of the Sunflower against the Whisper White card stock, I lightly covered the white areas with a sponge and Daffodil ink.

For the Papillon Potpourri butterfly image, I tried using Daffodil ink. I didn't feel like the image was dark enough, so I tried it again with More Mustard (a darker yellow), stamping it off onto scrap paper first, so the image wouldn't be too dark.

Stampin' Materials:
  • Stamps: Sunflower (123606 wood/ 123608 clear), and Papillon Potpourri (123757 wood, 123759 clear), Sweet Essentials (126455 wood/ 126457 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Daffodil Delight card stock (119683): 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and 1 1/4" x 3 1/2"
    • Whisper White card stock (100730): 4" x 5 1/4", 2" x 3 1/2", and 5/8" x 4 3/4"
  • Ink: Daffodil Delight (126944), More Mustard (126964)
  • Tools and Accessories:
    • Elegant Butterfly punch (127526)
    • Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
    • Stamping Sponges (101610)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
Papillon Potpourri
 
Sunflower background
 


It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.

No comments:

Post a Comment