Thursday, April 25, 2013

Masquerade Message Technique

I saw a crazy cool technique on Less is More challenge blog, and thought I'd give it a try. I didn't see a name for the technique, and since I love to name things, I decided that 'masquerade message' was great name.  So, I present to you, the masquerade message technique!



I used the Pleasant Poppies background stamp with the Typeset Alphabet Bigz dies, and the so-very awesome, Stamp-a-ma-jig! It's a little difficult for me to explain how I did this, in writing, so you will have to check out my video tutorial! Let me know if you have questions ☺.



Stampin' Materials:
  • Stamps: Pleasant Poppies (126480 wood/ 129499 clear)
  • Paper:
    • Calypso Coral card stock (122925) - 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2"
    • Basic Black card stock (121045) - 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
    • Whisper White card stock (100730) - 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Ink:
    • Calypso Coral (126983)
    • Lucky Limeade (126984)
    • Basic Black (126980)
    • StazOn Jet Black (101406)
  • Tools & Accessories:
    • Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
    • Typeset Alphabet Bigz dies (127553)
    • Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
    • Aquapainter (103954)
    • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
    • Grid Paper (102787)
Pleasant Poppies (click to enlarge)


It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.






14 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! This is amazing. I've seen this technique before but the sentiment always seems lost to me. I don't know why, but on this card it totally works and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deena, this looks simply terrific... great tutorial too. It seems that there are several ways of achieving a similar effect!
    I love the name you came up with for the technique too!
    Thanks so much for joining us!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie! I love your inspiration sample! Super cute!

      Delete
  3. Deena, this was a GREAT tutorial and I love the card. I did notice on the tutorial that you said not to use stazon on the window sheet. Actually, I always use stazon on the window sheets, especially in workshops so they don't get the ink on their fingers and smear their projects. It readily comes off with either stazon cleaner and a cotton ball or 70% rubbing alcohol. you will be pleasantly surprised!
    Thanks for the tutorial and Great idea on the card. Love this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Bev! I had staining from StazOn on an old sheet (a long time ago) and got rid of it. Ever since I don't use StazOn with the imaging sheet. So happy you liked the tutorial!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card and great tutorial...thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janine! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  5. The Poppy Pleasants are great on this card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Great job on the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, amazing card, lovely image too. Thank you foe posting the tutorial, I now understand what a stamp-a-ma-jig does (my wish list is getting longer and longer!!). xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was great and such a great presentation! I was rather surprised that you didn't affix those letters when prepping for the SAMJ; great job! I "need" coloring lessons so that was fun to watch also! Your card is beautiful; thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete