|The Open Sea|
This time I used Up, Up, & Away, along with the Cloudy Day embossing folder. These two items are a perfect match for each other!
First I cut my background pieces, Whisper White and Tempting Turquoise. Then I placed them in the Cloudy Day embossing folder right next to each other, like they would be on the card. I ran them through the Big Shot and then adhered them to my Basic Gray card base, using Stampin' Dimensionals.
The hot air balloon was stamped on a separate piece of Whisper White card stock and then hand cut (or fussy cut, as I just learned!), and popped up with Dimensionals. I didn't want my brads to show through to the inside of my card, so I cut the legs off of my brads with my Craft & Rubber Scissors (you could probably use wire snips too). I rolled up a glue dot into a ball and placed it under the legless brads and adhered them to my card. Super easy! For you local stampers, this card will be one of my cards for my Masculine class in May.
- Stamps: Up, Up and Away (122755 wood/ 122757 clear); Sweet Essentials (126455 wood/ 126457 clear)
- Basic Gray card stock (121044) - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
- Whisper White card stock (100730) - 2" x 3 1/2", and 5/8" x 4 3/4"
- Tempting Turquoise card stock (102067) - 1 1/4" x 3 1/2"
- Ink: Tempting Turquoise (126952) and Basic Gray (126981)
- Tools and Accessories:
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
- Cloudy Day embossing folder (127022)
- Metallic Brads (119741)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
|Up, Up & Away (click to enlarge)|
It's my pleasure to help you with your paper crafting projects, offer tips, suggestions, and answer product questions. My customer service goes beyond your order! Contact me anytime with questions or with help in placing an order.